OnCyte Orientation for freshmen is a 1.5-day experience. Students and families participating in OnCyte Orientation are invited to stay in Maple Residence Hall (no advanced registration is required).
There are also many hotel options in Ames and the surrounding areas for you and your family to stay during your visit. Discuss as a family which option is best for you.
Maple Residence Hall
Overnight housing in Maple Hall represents a true college housing experience. Most commonly, students stay with other students on designated student-oriented floors, but they may choose to stay with their families. Family members will be assigned to family-oriented floors if they choose to stay in Maple Hall. Cashless payment is accepted.
- Air-conditioned rooms with elevator access
- Choice of lofted beds on student-oriented floors or unlofted beds on family-oriented floors
- Individual bathrooms and showers conveniently located on each floor. If you have a request for a disability accommodation, please contact the Department of Residence Conference Services Office to make arrangements
- Soap, towels, pillow and bed linens – for the most enjoyable stay, bring your own blanket and toiletries
- Rooms do not include amenities similar to that of a hotel/motel – no televisions, reading lamps, alarm clocks, or private bathroom/showers
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol is prohibited
Package options (No additional taxes or fees)
- Shared room packages are $33.50 per person. Another orientation guest may be assigned to stay with you if you arrive by yourself.
- Single room packages are $45.50 per person. Guests in single rooms will be assigned to their own room.
- To purchase your orientation housing package, visit the Maple-Willow-Larch Conference Desk between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Day One.
- Rooms will be ready for check-in during the morning. Guests check out by 11:00 a.m. on Day Two.
- Cashless payment is accepted at the time of check-in.
MORE LODGING OPTIONS
Most frequently, students stay on campus and guests choose to stay off-campus. Please make the decision that best suits your family’s needs and interests.
Hotel/motel information is available from the Ames Convention & Visitors Bureau. Although the bureau is not able to make reservations or specific recommendations for properties, they will provide general lodging and visitor information. Contact them at 800-288-7470 or 515-232-4032.
Friley Windows Dining Center will be hosting all-you-care-to eat buffet dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during your orientation. Your orientation rate is $10/person. Visit the ISU Dining website for menus and hours of all on-campus dining locations.
If you have special dietary needs, we recommend you contact ISU Dining’s registered dietician, Kallen Anderson Augustad, at email@example.com or 515-294-3812 to make arrangements prior to orientation.