Destination Iowa State Team Leaders
Destination Iowa State is an exciting program being held August 16-18, 2018. The purpose is to welcome all new students to Iowa State University and give them an opportunity to build a community with each other and transition to their new university home. Dedicated student leaders are needed to serve as Team Leaders to make this program a success. This leadership position is an excellent opportunity to get involved and welcome new students to Iowa State's campus. View Photo Gallery
Each Team Leader will be assigned and responsible for about 12 - 15 new students during Destination Iowa State, whom they will guide and assist by introducing them to Iowa State University. In addition, students selected for this position will be expected to:
- Attend a leadership development session for first time Team Leaders on Sunday, April 8, 2018 1:00pm-5:00pm (New Team Leaders Only)
- Complete a Canvas course during the spring semester
- Return to Ames and check in during Final Team Leader Training on Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- Be available to attend all programs and activities Thursday, August 16, 2018 through Saturday, August 18, 2018 to facilitate Destination Iowa State
- Participate in follow-up evaluations and provide feedback for future programs
- Provide ideas, leadership, and ENTHUSIASM for this program!
- Be a full-time undergraduate Iowa State student at the time of application and through Fall 2018.
- Have a 2.2 cumulative grade point average at time of application and maintain a 2.0 grade point average throughout employment.
There is no required commitment during the summer. By applying to be a Team Leader for Destination Iowa State, you will only be making a brief commitment during the school year, August 15-18 and complete a follow-up evaluation. Destination Iowa State Team Leaders will be paid approximately $350 in compensation upon completion of set event checkpoints and a written evaluation.
Interviews for new Team Leaders will take place February 27 and March 1, 5 and 7, 2018 in a group interview format. Decisions will be made by March 16, 2018. Once the application closes you will be contacted to sign-up for a group interview if you are a new Team Leader applicant. Returning Team Leader applicants will also be contacted with next steps.
For more information or if you have questions about the position, please contact New Student Programs at email@example.com or call 515 294-0801.