Destination Iowa State
The purpose of Destination Iowa State is to welcome all new students to Iowa State University and give them an opportunity to build a community with each other and transition to their new university home. Dedicated student leaders are needed to serve as Team Leaders to make this program a success. This leadership position is an excellent opportunity to get involved and welcome new students to Iowa State's campus.
Each Team Leader will create a team experience for 12-15 students that you will work with over the course of DIS. In addition, students selected for this position will be expected to:
- Attend one of the Team Leader Social Dates (April 20, 21, 22, 2021)
- Complete a Canvas course by August 13, 2021
- Return to Ames and check in during Final Team Leader Training (August 18, 2021)
- Be available to attend all programs and activities to facilitate Destination Iowa State (August 19-21, 2021)
- Participate in follow-up evaluations and provide feedback for future programs
- Provide ideas, leadership, and enthusiasm for this program
- Be a full-time undergraduate Iowa State student at the time of application and through Fall 2021
- Have a 2.2 cumulative grade point average at time of application and maintain a 2.0 grade point average throughout employment
There is no required commitment during the summer. By applying to be a Team Leader for Destination Iowa State, you will only be making a brief commitment during the school year, during the Destination Iowa State program, and complete a follow-up evaluation. Destination Iowa State Team Leaders will be paid $10/hour for approximately 35-40 hours of work.
Interviews for new Team Leaders will take place in a group interview format. Decisions will be made shortly after. Once the application closes you will be contacted to sign-up for a group interview if you are a new Team Leader applicant. Returning Team Leader applicants will also be contacted with next steps.
TEAM LEADER APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 31, 2021 AT MIDNIGHT.