Destination Iowa State
Destination Iowa State welcomes all new students to Iowa State University by providing an opportunity to build their community and transition to their new university home. Dedicated student leaders are needed to serve as Team Leaders to make this program a success. This leadership position is an excellent opportunity to get involved and welcome new students to Iowa State's campus.
Each Team Leader will create a team experience for up to 20 new students throughout DIS. In addition, students selected for this position are expected to:
- Attend the Team Leader Social (April 10, 2022)
- Complete a Canvas course by August 12, 2022
- Return to Ames and check-in during Final Team Leader Training (August 17, 2022)
- Be available to attend all programs and activities to facilitate Destination Iowa State (August 18-20, 2022)
- Participate in follow-up evaluations and provide feedback for future programs
- Provide ideas, leadership, and enthusiasm for this program
- Be a full-time undergraduate Iowa State student at the time of application and through Fall 2022
- Have a 2.2 cumulative grade point average at time of application and maintain a 2.0 grade point average throughout employment
There is no required commitment during the summer. By applying to be a Team Leader for Destination Iowa State, you will only be making a brief commitment during the school year, during the Destination Iowa State program, and completing a follow-up evaluation. Destination Iowa State Team Leaders will be paid $12/hour for approximately 30-32 hours of work.
Interviews for new Team Leaders will take place in a group interview format. Decisions will be made shortly after. Once the application closes, you will be contacted to sign-up for a group interview if you are a new Team Leader applicant. Returning Team Leader applicants will also be contacted with the next steps.
TEAM LEADER APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 6, 2022, AT 11:59 PM.