JUNIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL
- Schedule a visit to campus.
- Get a head start by joining the Cyclone Advantage Planning Program (CAP).
- Take the ACT or the SAT I and have your scores sent to Iowa State University. Iowa State's codes are 1320 for the ACT and 6306 for the SAT I.
Special Policy for Freshmen Enrolling Prior to Spring 2023: Because the pandemic has limited ACT and SAT testing opportunities for students, you may choose whether or not you wish to submit ACT or SAT scores when you apply for admission.
SENIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL
- Submit your application for admission and merit-based scholarships, and receive immediate notification after submission via our rapid response technology.
- Review Iowa State University freshman scholarships.
- Before May 1, submit your admissions acceptance form and acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the fall class.
- Submit your university housing contract. The earlier you submit your contract, the more likely you are to get the housing you prefer.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Iowa State's code number is 001869. Submit the FAFSA even if you miss the January 3 priority deadline.
- Check your inbox in April for instructions on completing orientation.
- By April 20, if interested, sign up for the Monthly Payment Plan (with revised payment options/deadlines also available).