The time is here to begin your orientation adventure!
All students are required to complete online orientation. For those students and family members who are interested in traveling to campus, we will also be hosting an optional one-day OnCyte Orientation.
Through required online orientation, you will:
- Learn about Iowa State’s campus
- Discover essential resources
- Gain access to meet virtually with an academic advisor
- Register for your first semester of classes
We recommend completing online orientation as soon as possible after May 24 and no later than June 20.
Check your email for instructions once online orientation opens on May 24. For transfer students, required online orientation will open April 1.
OnCyte Orientation Registration Information
We invite you to attend an optional OnCyte Orientation. This one-day event, held throughout the month of June, is designed for Cyclones who would like to:
- Experience campus
- Prepare for their Iowa State adventure
- Connect with other Cyclones in person
Know Before You Go: OnCyte Orientation Details
- Wearing a face-covering in most places on campus is optional for individuals who are fully vaccinated. Face-coverings continue to be required for everyone on CyRide. Please bring a face-covering with you to be prepared.
- We will be promoting physical distancing and reduced seating capacity throughout OnCyte Orientation. Your family is welcome to attend these programs. You should limit your guests to two or fewer at all indoor sessions.
- OnCyte Orientation is a one-day experience. If you and your family would like to stay in Ames before or after your visit, explore area hotels.
- To maximize your experience, be sure to complete online orientation and virtual course registration prior to attending OnCyte Orientation. Academic advising services and offices not listed on the orientation schedule will not be available.
- Complimentary parking is available in Lot 63, near Maple-Willow-Larch Residence Halls. If you have a state-issued medical permit, please see staff in the parking area to pick up a hang-tag before parking in medical stalls on campus.
- Review the schedule ahead of time to plan an arrival time that meets your needs.
- Programming at OnCyte Orientation is specific to your academic college. If you change your major, please contact us to reschedule.