Being New at ISU
There's a lot to learn before starting your first semester at Iowa State. We know it can be overwhelming and confusing, which is why we've created Being New at ISU, a series of live events to prepare you for your next adventure.
During these hour-long sessions, Being New at ISU will:
- Connect you with current students and staff members
- Answer questions that are important to you
- Prepare you for an exciting year ahead
Being New at ISU schedule (all sessions take place 4-5 pm CST):
June 30 – Paying For College (New student and family session)
- The Student Financial Aid and Accounts Receivable Offices will be joined by the Iowa State University Book Store and Cyclone Aide orientation leaders to discuss financial aid, campus jobs, billing, and book store resources.
July 7 – Move-In & Meal Plans (New student and family session)
- The Department of Residence and ISU Dining will cover move-in logistics and meal plan information for the upcoming year.
July 14 – Campus Tour Live (New student and family session)
- The Admissions Campus Visits team will host a live campus tour featuring staff and student guides.
July 21 - Your Cyclone Family Adventure (Family session only)
- The Dean of Students Office will share how to support your student during their transition to college.
July 28 – Campus Resources (New student and family session)
- The Thielen Student Health Center, Student Wellness, and Parking Division will join Cyclone Aide orientation leaders to discuss health and wellness resources on campus, as well as parking options.
August 4 – Leadership & Involvement (New student and family session)
- The Student Activities Center and Cyclone Aide orientation leaders will explain how to get involved and find leadership opportunities on campus. The Cyclone Aides will also give last minute advice and announcements before the school-year begins.