Frequently Asked Questions
To use the FAQ, click on the question you would like answered. The answer will display below the question (close the answer by re-clicking same question).
- How much is the application fee? Is it refundable?
- I am a former Iowa State student. Do I use this form to return for additional study?
- How many credits can I take as a nondegree student?
- Will I be able to get the classes I want?
- Can I live in the residence halls or in university apartments as a nondegree student?
- Can I receive financial aid while I am enrolled as a nondegree student?
- Will the credits I complete as a nondegree student apply to a degree program?
- I am still in high school, but want to take classes at Iowa State. What should I do?
- Do the admission requirements for high school graduates apply to "mature" applicants?
- I have a bachelor's degree. Should I apply as a nondegree undergraduate or graduate?
- I do not meet all the high school course requirements. Can I still be admitted?
- I was denied admission to Iowa State as a degree-seeking applicant. Can I enroll as a nondegree student?
- Do I need to provide my U.S. Social Security Number?
- Is my information confidential? Do I have to answer all questions?