Veteran and Military Student Application Checklist
Iowa State admits students a year in advance of the term they wish to enroll. To stay on track with the admissions process, follow these steps:
- Submit your application for admission. Be certain to check for application deadlines that may apply for the term you plan to enter.
- If you have taken college courses, request that each college or university through which you have attempted college credit send your official transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit military transcripts to the Office of Admissions for evaluation.
- Review Iowa State University scholarships.
- Receive notification regarding your admission approximately four to five weeks after all of your application materials have been received.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Iowa State's code number is 001869. Submit the FAFSA even if you miss the March 1 priority date.
- By May 1, submit your admissions acceptance form and acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the summer or fall class.
- Submit your housing contract if you plan to live in Iowa State's residence halls or apartments. The earlier you submit your contract, the more likely you are to get the housing you prefer.
- Respond to your orientation invitation. Mailing of invitations begins in January for students entering in the fall semester and in October for those entering in the spring semester.
- Attend orientation, meet with your academic adviser, and register for your classes.
- If you plan to apply for military education benefits while at Iowa State and have questions, contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review payment plan options.
- Receive both your registration confirmation and your billing statement in early August for fall entry or early December for spring entry.
- Move into your residence hall on or after the Wednesday before classes begin.
- Attend Destination Iowa State just before classes begin.