Transfer Admissions Ambassador Program
TAAPs (Transfer Admissions Ambassador Program) is an exciting volunteer student organization that works within the Office of Admissions. TAAPs work to present a positive, realistic student view of Iowa State University to prospective students and parents. TAAPs are selected through an interview process and if selected take part in a high energy, fast pace environment that allows them to showcase their talents, communication skills, and love of Iowa State.
Activities and Duties
Specific activities and opportunities that Transfer Ambassadors participate in include:
Transfer Student Visit Days
- Assisting with registration
- Serving as campus tour guides
- Participating on student panels
- Mingling with students and families
Group Visits allow TAAPs to participate in student panels and give tours to prospective community college groups.
Meetings last approximately 1 hour and include important training activities and events. Meetings also include fun, social activities where transfer students can get to know each other! Attendance at meetings is mandatory.
Transfer Ambassadors must attend a one day retreat per semester. Retreats generally take place early in the spring and fall semesters.
While the Transfer Ambassador program is a volunteer organization, there are Guidelines for Participation:
- Transfer Ambassadors must have attended another institution after graduating high school and then transferred to ISU.
- Transfer Ambassadors can expect to assist with at least 3 Transfer Student Visit Day programs each semester. A typical duty lasts 1 hour and is scheduled around your courses
- Transfer Ambassadors can expect to assist with 1 group visit program each year
- Attend bi-weekly meetings
- Behave in a professional and appropriate manner on all tours
- Exhibit outstanding customer service skills
- Share their pride and positive experiences about Iowa State
- If provisions are not adhered to, members will be dismissed from the Transfer Ambassador organization
For more information or if you have questions about the Transfer Ambassador program, please contact Tim Hauber at 515 294-8469 or Katie Smith at 515 294-4556. Transfer Ambassador applications are on a rolling process and interviews will be scheduled accordingly.