The TelSTARS are a diverse group of Iowa State students who build relationships with prospective students and enjoy sharing their personal experiences over the phone. TelSTARS are strongly focused on customer service and the recruitment of new students. As Admissions Representatives, the TelSTARS work in an interactive and high-energy work environment to promote Iowa State. TelSTARS are continuously learning and gaining experience to help develop their leadership skills. A TelSTAR position requires passion for Iowa State, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a team. Please read below for necessary skills and requirements and apply today!
- Must be a registered undergraduate student at Iowa State. (no graduate students, please)
- Able to work a minimum of 12 hours a week.
- Can commit at least 2 semesters on staff.
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA upon hiring, maintain during employment.
$9.25 per hour.
As soon as possible.
The TelSTAR supervising team is looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to be a positive role model and representative of Iowa State University.
- Demonstrates reliability and is responsible for working when scheduled.
- Sets an example with an outstanding work ethic.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills while talking on the phone with individuals.
- Ability to be an assertive leader in a conversation and create connections.
- Willingness to be outgoing and engaging with other students.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced work environment.
- In good academic standing before and during employment.
Students on the TelSTAR team are selected because they have the following qualities:
- Enthusiasm and outgoing attitude.
- Knowledge of Iowa State.
- Kindness, friendliness, and responsibility.
- Patience and understanding.
- Motivation and ability to have fun.
- Willingness to learn new information about Iowa State.
- Eligibility for Work Study strongly preferred. (candidates will be considered without it)
Hours of operation
Sunday Noon- 8:00 pm and Mon – Thursday 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
0122 Student Services Building
For more information or if you have questions about the TelSTARS program, please contact Rebecca Kropp at 515 294-4591.