Iowa State is committed to enrolling a diverse and talented student population. The International Transfer Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated strong academic achievement, and outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: math and sciences, the arts, extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship. Students must complete the OneApp scholarship application to be considered for the award.
- Incoming international transfer applicants who have been offered admission and will not be receiving financial sponsorship through their home country's government are eligible for this award.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) comparable to a minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 (B)
- Complete the Iowa State University OneApp
- Complete the General OneApp application AND
- Complete the International Student Admissions Scholarship application
Scholarship Award Values
|International Merit Scholarship (Spring and Fall)||Amount|
|Award of Achievement||Up to $20,000 ($5,000/yr–$8,000/yr)|
|Award of Distinction||Up to $10,000 ($2,000/yr–$4,000/yr)|
*Transfer recipients will be funded for a maximum of 5 semesters (2.5 years), or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
Scholarship Application Deadline
|Term||Priority Application Deadline||Final Application Deadline|
|Fall||March 1||June 30|
|Spring||November 15||December 15|
The following criteria must be met during your Iowa State career to maintain the scholarship:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 while enrolled at Iowa State
- Continuous enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester credits each semester (summers not included)
- Only students assessed non-resident tuition are eligible for this award
- The award may only be used toward undergraduate tuition and fees