Frequently Asked Questions
Haven't found the answer to your question yet? If your question is regarding admissions procedures or university offerings, please see the following frequently asked questions. If you would like to learn more about what life is like at Iowa State, contact one of our International Student Ambassadors.
To use the FAQ, click on the question you would like answered. The answer will display below the question (close the answer by re-clicking same question).
- How do we define an international student?
- Can the application fee be deferred or waived for international students?
- What is the difference between a letter of support and a bank statement?
- Can I defer (postpone) my offer of admission?
- I just started attending a university in my home country. Can I apply to Iowa State as a freshman?
- Is the TOEFL required of nonnative English speakers who are transferring from U.S. colleges?
- Is the TOEFL required for undergraduates who have earned U.S. bachelor's or higher degrees?
- Are there some countries from which students are not expected to take the TOEFL?
- For how long is a TOEFL score valid?
- Are international students required to take the SAT or ACT?