Looking for a great educational opportunity for your students, organization, or club? If you have a group of ten or more students sixth grade or above, we invite you to schedule a group visit to bring them to Iowa State University! Providing excellent customer service, visitor relations, and university information is a goal of the Campus Visits Team. We strive to provide a custom visit for each group, and we will work with you to make sure your visit to campus is a memorable one!
Upon arrival at the Soults Family Visitor Center located in the Memorial Union, your group will be greeted by an admissions representative and will have several options. Campus tours, residence hall tours, presentations, or other age appropriate campus activities are available. The group visit will be tailored to fit the needs of your group.
Groups have a variety of meal choices available! Options include eating in one of our buffet style dining centers, the Memorial Union Food Court, using campus dining services to supply sacked lunches, bringing your own sacked lunches or enjoying a nearby restaurant. If your group would like to eat lunch at the dining center or order sacked lunches from dining services, we will provide their contact information when we confirm your visit. Lunch is not provided by Iowa State University.
In Order to Best Serve You...
We ask that you follow these guidelines when visiting campus, and express them to your students:
- Chaperones must actively engage in sessions and supervise students at all times.
- Notify the Office of Admissions if you need to cancel, modify, or will be late for your campus visit.
- The lead chaperone will have a cell phone available during the visit, and will provide that number to the Office of Admissions for day of visit contact.
- The lead chaperone will express the following "student guidelines" to students:
- Visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Visitors will use a voice level that is appropriate while inside campus buildings.
- Visitors will not leave the group or chaperone(s) at any time during the visit.
- Visitors will not use electronic devices during tours, presentations, or sessions.
- Visitors and Groups that are deemed unruly or unmanageable by Iowa State University Staff will be asked to change their behavior. If the visitor or group continues to be unruly or unmanageable, the presentation, tour, or entire visit will end.
Requesting a Group Visit
The Office of Admissions welcomes groups to visit campus on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. We ask that you please register at least three weeks before your requested visit.
How to schedule a visit in four easy steps:
- Check out the Group Visit Calendar.
- Click on a date that is available.
- Fill out the form as accurately as possible.
- Hear from us within three business days regarding your visit via phone or e-mail.
If you have further questions, please call us at 800 262-3810 and ask to speak with someone from group visits. We look forward to greeting you at Iowa State University!