Transfer Application Checklist
Summer and Fall Entry
View the Checklist for Spring Entering Students
- Visit the campus. In addition to regular campus visits, Iowa State University offers Transfer Student Visit Days.
- Submit your application. Be certain to check for application deadlines that may apply for the term you plan to enter.
- Request that each college or university through which you have attempted college credit send your official transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Review Iowa State University scholarships.
- Receive notification regarding your admission approximately three weeks after all of your application materials have been received.
January - May
- Submit the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Iowa State's code number is 001869. (Submit the FASFA even if you miss the March 1 priority date!)
- By May 1, submit your admissions acceptance form and acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the summer or fall class.
- Submit your housing contract. The earlier you submit your contract, the more likely you are to get the housing you prefer.
- Respond to your orientation invitation. (Mailing of invitations begins in January.)
- If interested in the Twelve-Month Payment Plan, sign up by April 20.
June - August
- If you didn't do so in the spring, attend orientation, meet with your academic adviser, and register for your classes.
- Receive your registration confirmation and your billing statement in early August.
- Move into your residence hall on or after the Wednesday before classes begin.
- Attend Destination Iowa State just before classes begin in August.