Prospective APP Participant FAQ
To use the FAQ, click on the question you would like answered. The answer will display below the question (close the answer by re-clicking same question).
- What is the Admissions Partnership Program?
- Who can I contact when I have questions about APP?
- What are the eligibility requirements for APP?
- What if I have a community college GPA below 2.0, but want to participate in APP?
- Do students take courses at both institutions concurrently?
- How will students be able to apply for the Admissions Partnership Program?
- Do students have to apply for APP when they begin at their community college, or can they sign up anytime?
- What are the benefits for a student participating in the Admissions Partnership Program?
- At what point will participating students actually be admitted to Iowa State University?
- Are students who participate in the Admissions Partnership Program held to different admissions standards than other students seeking admission to Iowa State University?
- Under what circumstances would a student who participates in the Admissions Partnership Program not be admitted to Iowa State University?
- Are APP students held to different Iowa State admission requirements?
- What if I am interested in the College of Design?
- Can undecided / open option students participate in APP?
- Does participation guarantee that a student can graduate with a bachelor's degree in two years / four semesters after completing two years / an associate's degree at their community college?
- How will I know if I'm accepted into APP?
- How do I find a participating community college academic adviser or counselor?
- If I am classified as an Iowa resident for the purposes of admission and tuition assessment at my community college, will I also be classified as an Iowa resident upon transfer to Iowa State University?
- How do I pay the Student Activity Fee on my university bill (U-Bill)?
- Am I eligible for financial aid through Iowa State University as a participant in the Admissions Partnership Program?
Back to Admissions Partnership Program home