Military transcripts will be evaluated for transfer based on the recommendations made by the American Council on Education's Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.
Credit will be granted for the following recommendations:
- vocational certificate
- lower-division baccalaureate degree
- upper-division baccalaureate degree
The application of military credit toward your Iowa State degree will be determined by your academic department.
- Military Occupational Speciality (MOS): MOS courses are not accepted for transfer credit.
- Career and technical training: A maximum of 16 career-technical credits will be granted. This includes credit awarded for military vocational certificate recommendations and career-technical credit granted from regionally accredited colleges.
- Community College of the Air Force: Up to 16 career-technical credits will be granted.
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP): Credit is granted for selected exams. Refer to our credit by examination page for more information.
- DANTES Standardized Subject Tests (DSST): Credit is not awarded for DSST exams.
You can use the following resources to request your military transcript: