Freshman Application Checklist
Junior Year in High School
- Take the ACT or the SAT I and have your scores sent to Iowa State University. Iowa State's codes are 1320 for the ACT and 6306 for the SAT I.
- Schedule a visit to campus.
Senior Year in High School
- Submit your Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarships. Apply online!
- Review Iowa State University freshman scholarships.
- Receive notification regarding your admission approximately three weeks after all your application materials have been received.
- Before May 1, submit your admissions acceptance form and acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the fall class.
- Submit your university housing contract. The earlier you submit your contract, the more likely you are to get the housing you prefer.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Iowa State's code number is 001869. Submit the FAFSA even if you miss the December 1st priority deadline.
- Respond to your summer orientation invitation. Mailing of invitations begins in January for students who have accepted their offer of admission.
- By April 20, if interested, sign up for the Monthly Payment Plan. (with revised payment options/deadlines also available)
Summer before Fall Entry
- Attend orientation in summer, meet with your academic adviser, and register for your fall classes.
- Receive both your registration confirmation and your billing statement in early August.
- Move into university housing beginning the Wednesday before classes begin and attend Destination Iowa State.